Unmatched in its class, the Nissan 9.8 hp 4-stroke has set the standard in portable outboard power! This lightweight motor weighs in at barely over the 80 lb mark and has undeniable characteristics of a true marine champion.
This outboard is skinny on fuel and big on power while never compromising performance or reliability. It has a ton of features that are usually only found on larger, more expensive outboards. We pack a lot of punch for the buck in this truly unique outboard!
Nissan Marine has once again proven itself the leader of the pack with the 9.8 hp 4-stroke.
- Light and compact!
- Designed with proven technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Trim tab reduces steering effort, functioning also as the sacrificial anode that protects the engine from electrolysis
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 3 Year limited warranty
High performance and easy operation
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Fast-idle choke system eliminating the need for manual choke operation
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive, 6 positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
Fundamentals for user convenience and reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Plastic fuel tank with fuel gauge on the cap
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and protection
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Nissan outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 2
- Output: 9.8 hp (7.2 kw)
- Displacement: 209 cc (12.8 cu.in)
- Bore x Stroke: 55 x 44 mm (2.17 x 1.73 in)
- Starting: Manual
- Control Type: Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6.5" - 9.5"
- Transom Height: 15", 20", 25"
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil, SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Fuel Tank: 3.1 US Gal. (12 Lit) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight: 81.5 lbs (37 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 80W, 6A (Standard on Elect Start Models)
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shaft Length: 20 in.
Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
FC-W® is a registered trademark of the National Manufacturers Assoc. (NMMA)
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.